Manufacturing Engineer in Lexington KY
Direct Hire, up to $80K salary with benefits available
• Design workstations to optimize throughput with attention to ergonomics and material handling.
• Create assembly instructions with integrated quality checks.
• Research, specify, purchase, and install manufacturing equipment; including SMT and
• Conduct workstation time studies.
• Plan and execute optimal utilization of manufacturing workers and equipment to meet
• Perform capacity analysis and optimize process flow to increase throughput.
• Design and implement total process quality assurance checks.
• Help ensure that customer, statutory, standards, and internal requirements are met or exceeded.
• Analyze manufacturing data and identify trends, issues, and opportunities for improvement; identify and utilize methods of making the manufacturing process more efficient and effective.
• Provide manufacturing reporting processes.
• Direct the corrective action process of all manufacturing problems.
• Implement, monitor, and enforce a Continuous Improvement process that includes appropriate measurements and a closed-loop Corrective Action System.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in any of the following disciplines: Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, or similar experience.
• 5-10 years in a Manufacturing Assembly environment, 3-5 years in a Management role.
• Prior experience in small batch electronic assembly manufacturing.
• Industrial Engineering experience including time studies, line optimization, line design, and
• Six Sigma training for manufacturing training/accreditation.
• Experience with Kaizen techniques.