This position requires thorough knowledge and understanding of measuring equipment, instrument and Print reading as well as following directions. May interface with Engineering and Sales teams.
1. Understands and operates Mills and machining equipment.
2. Understands CAD drawings and works from drawings to make/measure final part.
3. Participates in new technology to improve ceramic manufacturing efficiencies, reduce costs and minimize safety/occupational hazards.
4. Understands and uses measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, depth and bore gages, optical comparators, and microscopes.
5. Works with both green and fired ceramic materials.
6. Effectively communicates ideas with other personnel.
7. Understands and complies with company policies and procedures as stated in the company quality manual and Employee Handbook.
8. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as required.
9. Problem solving process.
1. An understanding of CNC machining centers, mills and grinders
2. Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
3. Ability to accurately measure very precise parts
4. Ability to learn new processes and new machinery quickly
5. Excellent attention to detail and ability to read and follow directions (work orders/Prints)
6. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to complete projects on time