This Microbiology laboratory position is for performing analytical testing, laboratory investigations and analytical method transfers for an OTC drug manufacturing facility. This position is also responsible for any other additional tasks assigned by the Micro - Lab Supervisor.
- Performs raw material, in-process and release testing using a variety of analytical techniques
- Follows cGMP, USP and 21CFR 210/211 requirements for laboratory testing and OOS investigations.
- Laboratory experience within a “wet lab environment”
- Prefer a Microbiology or Biology Degree with related field and/or school laboratory experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- SAP is a plus not required, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be self-motivated
- Ability to change directions, remain flexible and respond quickly
- Minimum of 1 year hands-on experience in lab
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work long periods on repetitive tasks effectively
- Comfortable in a production environment
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds
To apply, Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Microbiology or related science field.
- Working knowledge of a laboratory environment.
- Problem solving skills, including root cause analysis
- Knowledge of basic statistics
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to verify numbers, words and alphanumeric combinations across multiple mediums
- Must be open to occasional off shift and weekend hours
- Ability to apply basic statistics and compare data trends.
- Effective verbal / written communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, prioritizing and follow-up skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks / projects simultaneously.