Complex Products Technician - Fiber Optics
This cross-functional position is responsible for supporting production activities ranging from low-level mechanical assemblies to highly complex electrical/optical assemblies. Applications may include hardware assembly, electrical assembly, fiber optic assembly/splicing, soldering and using specialized test equipment. Works from schematics, diagrams, written procedures and test plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe working environment with adherence to Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) guidelines.
- Support all production-related activities to ensure customer expectations and business goals are met.
- Responsible for maintaining high quality standards and workmanship.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervision/Management.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Electrical and Fiber Optic Harness Final Assembly.
- Work to achieve certification to the applicable solder and inspection IPC Standard(s) – Training will be provided.
- Perform Positive Material Identification (PMI) testing.
- Perform part marking/labeling (mechanical & laser).
Pay is Based on Experience - up to $20.00 per hour
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tim at 386-615-8859
Education and Experience:
- Requires an AA degree, military technical training or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 Years’ experience in a related field.
- Experienced Tig Welder with stainless steel welding desired
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with changing demands in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- General understanding of the Fiber Color Code.
- Experience in fiber handling and management.
- Experienced in soldering ideally to an IPC standard.
- Familiar with basic test equipment (Meggers, Ohm Meters, Data loggers).
- CORE: Quality/HSE Systems Overview, Export, Hazardous Communications, Departmental Orientation
- CORE: Corporate Shared Values
- CORE: ERP System Overview
- Applicable IPC Soldering Standard(s)