We are seeking an experienced Drafting Technician to join our team at a medical equipment manufacturing facility.
Under moderate direction of the Engineering department, responsible for preparing and maintaining drawings for cGMP system, product and manufacturing drawings. Perform site verification and maintain CAD files for facility as-built drawings per building/utility modification or equipment installation.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Use AutoCAD to prepare drawings for cGMP system drawings, facility, manufacturing parts and equipment upgrades.
- Understand and interpret engineering drawing for integration into facility as-built, controlled drawings and diagrams.
- Maintain and update as-built drawings. File and Safe-keep digital drawings, hard copies, and original City approved set of drawings.
- Maintain product documentation such as drawings, bill of materials, and specifications
- Support the organization and documentation of department processes and important documents.
- Catalog and file drawings, x-refs, images, projects, and other CAD related files.
- Support engineering, project managers and department reps on matters relating to drafting, drawing and field surveys. Work with engineers and machine shop personnel in order to produce molds or prototype models.
- Conduct field verification of utilities and facility as required.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 year technical degree and 2 – 4 years design drafting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be trained to use AutoCAD software and engineering drawing.
- Completion of a computer-aided mechanical drafting program of courses equivalent to a two-year college or technical school and 2 years of directly related experience.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of basic engineering principals in the mechanics, electrical or facility fields.
- Must understand engineering principals in the mechanics, electrical or facility fields.
- Ability to use computers, AutoCAD software, plotters and printers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and understand rough sketches.
- Strong time management skills