CNC Machinists (Milling and Swiss Lathes)
Operators and Technicians
Shifts: 1st and 2nd shift available
Pay rate: $20-$35/Hour based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401(k), payed holidays
Responsibilities of CNC Technician:
- Responsibilities involve following up on set up, review production status, troubleshoot equipment, ensure quality and delivery.
- Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals as set by the production schedule.
- Properly and safely loads and unloads materials in CNC machinery
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
- Ability to setup, program, operate and troubleshoot CNC without assistance. Must be self-sufficient.
- Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements
- Must be proficient with FANUC controls, HAAS controls, or Mazak controls
- Understands, interprets and edits G-code programs.
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
- Understands and has the ability to perform tool wear offsets.
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery.
- Assists in the organization and maintenance of the machine shop work environment.
- Provides constant feedback and input into process improvement within the department.
- Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures.
Qualifications for CNC Technician:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of computers and computer systems
- 5+ years machining experience
- At least 3 years of set up experience on CNC Mill/Turn or CNC Mill Equipment
- Blueprint reading and first piece inspection knowledge
Responsibilities for CNC Operator:
- Setup tools, geometry offsets, program offsets, comprehend program code, all inclusive to enable part to run successfully in machine. Load/unload parts from machine. Measure and inspect. Make dimensional adjustments (offsets). Resolve and communicate problems/issues to attention of Group manager.
- Accurately complete all quality control documentation and inspection sheets.
- Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks.
- Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals.
Qualifications for CNC Operator:
- Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Ability to read part drawings.
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capability to operate multiple machines.
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value.
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus.
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision.