Direct Placement Maintenance Mechanic * $22-27/hr. * W. Ogden * 12 hour rotating shifts
- Assess operation of equipment and machinery: report observed problems and conditions to correct supervisors.
- Routinely lubricate, clean and wash plant and shop equipment; including removal of grease and accumulated material.
- Use of cutting torches for plates and bolts, etc.
- Assist mechanics with various maintenance and upgrade procedures.
- Respond to pager assignments w/department rotations. Handle code calls and emergency equipment repairs.
- Sharpen and reshape drills, chisels and scrapers. Redress grinding wheels.
- Complete basic welding, pipe installation and finish painting as needed.
- Keep work areas clean. Adhere to safety regulations at all times.
- Ability to detect unusual anomalies in equipment such as heat, vibrations, noises, etc.
- Able to work in tight spaces, and an environment that can be hot, wet, dry, and dusty.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs and use man lifts. Job can by physically demanding for extended hours. Frequent lifting and moving up to 10lbs., occasional lifting/moving up to 25lbs.
- Ability to see things with close vision.
- Able to work OT as needed on a continuous seven-day cycle.
- Knowledge of equipment operations, troubleshooting, repairs and installation associated with a “C” classification.
- Able to clearly present ideas, read and interpret job manuals information. Monitory own work for quality.
- Effective communication in both written and verbal form. Able to remain respectful and react well under pressure.
- Must possess or be able to obtain minimum tool list requirements within two weeks of employment.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in field or related area.
- May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
- PPE must be worn at all times: hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, work gloves, steel toes and metatarsal guards.