BANK TELLER in Lexington KY
$12 per hour; 1st shift Monday-Friday, 35 hours per week; 1 or 2 Saturdays per month
Temp To Hire
Must be able to pass credit and criminal background check
Benefits and 401K enrollment available after permanent hire
Job Duties May Include:
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments; cashing checks; issuing savings withdrawals; recording night and mail deposits; selling cashier's checks, traveler's checks, and series e bonds; answering questions in person or on telephone; referring to other bank services.
- Records transactions by logging cashier's checks, traveler's checks, and other special services; preparing currency transaction reports.
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquiries; informing customers of new services and product promotions; ascertaining customers' needs; directing customers to a branch representative.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts; taking orders for checks; opening and closing Christmas and vacation clubs; exchanging foreign currencies; providing special statements, copies, and referrals; completing safe-deposit box procedures.
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging currency and coins; reconciling loan coupons and other transactions; turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency.