Contracts Administrator (Department of Defense Experience Required)
Basic Purpose of Position: The Contracts Administrator will work in support of the Contracts Manager to administer all contracts for the business unit.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing primarily DoD contracts (e.g. FFP, CPFF/IF), negotiating contract terms and conditions, and collaboration with internal departments. Assigned contracts may include the administration of large, long-term commercial and/or Engineering Service in support customer requirements contracts including but not limited to cell phone, pager, copier, communication and technology contracts.
- Managing the contract database and all associated files as well as contract compliance to maximize efficiency, cost savings and reduce liability exposure.
- Provide documentation and interpretation of contractual rights and obligations internally and externally, ensure that due diligence is practiced in complying with stated terms and conditions.
- Review modifications, extensions and contract closeout documents.
- Monitor performance and make recommendations for improvement when appropriate.
- Prepare and distribute reports and statistical data to facilitate planning and maintenance of accurate contract records and files.
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding strategies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in and provide support for assigned Corporate initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.