This position is responsible for the complete and accurate hydrostatic electrical / mechanical testing of any of the companies manufactured or purchased components and assemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conducting procedural tests on production / engineering / qualification products including incoming material needed to support customer need date
* Responsible for understanding and use of all electrical, mechanical and optical test equipment, test fixtures, and procedures
* Knowledge of basic electronics, electrical theories and a strong knowledge of Ohm’s law
* Ability to troubleshoot setup / product issues with little to no engineering support
* Working knowledge of 802.3 Ethernet standards
* Maintaining security for all quality verification equipment and its calibration control
* Notify errors on procedures, drawings, bills of material, and router to the support teams (Quality, Manufacturing Engineering).
* Responsible for completing documentation (shop packs and FATs) accurately and timely
* Responsible for entering data into the IFS system accurately and timely.
* Responsible for maintaining high quality standards and workmanship.
* Maintain excellent communication and working relationship with all departments within the company
* Maintain a safe working environment
* Communicating special tooling needed to perform operation that may have not been identified.
Education and Experience:
* Two year technical degree or equivalent military training or demonstrated job experience
* Recent experience in an electrical or electronics manufacturing environment
* Recent experience in hydraulics and pneumatics
* Experience handling fiber optic related product
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work safely with minimal or no direct supervision
* Ability to work with changing demands in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work from verbal directions
* Common sense approach to troubleshooting
* Ability to learn from peers
* Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers
* Knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
* Ability to use electrical / mechanical test equipment needed to perform tasks. (Meggers, Ohm-meters, pressure gauges, dial calipers)
* Able to read technical drawings and electrical schematics, specifications and procedures
* Computer Literate Working knowledge of MS Office programs, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook
* Ability to use optical test equipment
* Ability to take constructive criticism from peers, leads and / or managers
* Good shop math skills