Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Set Up, program, and operate CNC and manual Lathes and Milling machines according to procedures and engineering blueprints.
* Responsible for dimensional and quality requirements of components.
* Responsible for keeping the Work area and equipment Safe, Clean, and Organized.
* Responsible for assisting with general housekeeping of the shop as needed.
* Must wear PPE at all times and assure all employees and visitors adhere to ODI Safety guidelines and procedures.
* Must communicate with engineers and planners daily to assure routers and schedules are accurate.
* Proactively identify and implement ways to reduce set up times and then communicate such that routers and schedules reflect the improvements.
* Responsible for training by mentoring employees as well as anticipating in the development of skills test
* Play an active role in regards to “Lean” processes by working and communicating with Planning, Quality, Peers, and Engineering to identify and implement ways to improve flow to increase throughput.
* Identify potential cost reductions in regards to product design and communicate to Leads and Engineering for evaluation.
* Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or GED
* 1-2 years experience in Manual Lathe and Mill operation
* 3-5 years experience in CNC Lathe and Mill operation
* Experience in an Engineer-to-order Make-to-Order shop environment
* Experience or Training in and can demonstrate an understanding of “Lean Manufacturing Principles”
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Proven ability to read and understand blueprints
* Working knowledge of MSOffice programs, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook
* Demonstrated ability to setup a machine and run the job with minimal supervision
* Commitment to high quality standards and continuous improvements
* Knowledgeable of all associated precision measuring tools of the shop
* Understands the needs of calibration cycles of test tools
* Supports and assists with machine PM program
* Demonstrated understanding and experience of Lathe and Mill programming languages
* Can use without assistance all precision measuring tools
* Understands all machine hazard areas