This cross-functional position is responsible for supporting production activities ranging from low-level mechanical assemblies to highly complex electrical/optical assemblies. Applications may include hardware assembly, electrical assembly, fiber optic assembly/splicing, soldering and using specialized test equipment. Works from schematics, diagrams, written procedures and test plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain a safe working environment with adherence to Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) guidelines.
* Support all production-related activities to ensure customer expectations and business goals are met.
* Responsible for maintaining high quality standards and workmanship.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervision/Management.
* Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
* Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
* Electrical and Fiber Optic Harness Final Assembly.
* Work to achieve certification to the applicable solder and inspection IPC Standard(s) – Training will be provided.
* Perform Positive Material Identification (PMI) testing.
* Perform part marking/labeling (mechanical & laser).
Education and Experience:
* Requires an AA degree, military technical training or equivalent experience.
* 1-3 Years’ experience in a related field.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work with changing demands in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers.
* Knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
* General understanding of the Fiber Color Code.
* Experience in fiber handling and management.
* Experienced in soldering ideally to an IPC standard.
* Familiar with basic test equipment (Meggers, Ohm Meters, Data loggers)