Maintain equipment in the BUG 7 area to reduce downtime. Assist in troubleshooting electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical problems. Perform corrective actions to alleviate such problems.
- Helps keep inventory of repair supplies and materials.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Operates powered shop equipment following all safety guidelines.
- Cleans and restores equipment and machinery.
- Performs routine oiling and greasing of BUG 7 equipment.
- Makes preventative maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Maintain daily-required records.
- Performs housekeeping duties in accordance with established housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Modification/fabrication of equipment/fixtures.
- Hydraulic/pneumatic press tooling changes.
- Contribution to continuous improvement program.
- Machine operator function to help or substitute.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of previous manufacturing, mechanical and electrical experience/training.
- Good math and reading skills.
- Excellent team player – able to successfully work in many areas within RTC.
- Knowledge of machine and grind shop equipment.
- Basic computer skill (i.e., internet, word processing, spreadsheet).