This position requires thorough knowledge and understanding of measuring equipment, instrument and Print reading as well as following directions. May interface with Engineering and Sales teams.
- Understands and operates ceramic machining equipment.
- Understands CAD drawings and works from drawings to make/measure final part.
- Participates in new technology to improve ceramic manufacturing efficiencies, reduce costs and minimize safety/occupational hazards.
- Understands and uses measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, depth and bore gages, optical comparators, and microscopes.
- Works with both green and fired ceramic materials.
- Effectively communicates ideas with other personnel.
- Understands and complies with company policies and procedures as stated in the company quality manual and Employee Handbook.
- Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as required.
- Problem solving process.
- Follows Refractron Technologies Corporation’s QMS.
- An understanding of CNC machining centers, mills, lathes, and grinders
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to accurately measure very precise parts
- Ability to learn new processes and new machinery quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to read and follow directions (work orders/Prints)
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to complete projects on time