Responsible for aiding Finish Painter II in prep, touch-up, and finishes on all production projects utilizing paints, enamels, lacquers, and other protective coatings. Primarily painting helicopters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare various surfaces for application of primer and final finish coatings utilizing manual and power sanding and brushing equipment and products.
- Mechanically or chemically clean/strip corrosion, rust, old paint, and other finishes from product to be painted.
- Apply pre-mixed and blended paint or corrosion protective coatings on aluminum and steel structures and components.
- Mix, blend, and match various primers, paints, and coatings as required.
- Operate a spray painter to apply industrial paint finishes on metal products.
- Utilize Material Safety Data Sheets to ensure compliance with potential hazardous material requirements for handling and storage of paint and other materials.
- Apply stenciling and marking of all products in accordance with appropriate manuals, engineering drawings, and specifications.
- Utilize personal protective equipment such as respirators, gloves, eye protection, and tyvek suits, during the preparation and application process.
- Mist be capable of safely handling government furnished equipment and materials.
- Must be available to work a standard weekly schedule with overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Minor disassembly and re-assembly of components required for proper surface preparation and application of primers, paints, and other coatings.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the field or equivalent work related experience.
- Knowledge and training in the use of respirators.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires comprehension in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, technical manuals, and specifications.
- Requires general knowledge of proper application of corrosive protective coatings, primers, paints, and other coatings to include lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, acrylics, etc.
- Knowledge of paint spray guns, mixers, and other tools required for the surface preparation and application processes.
- Knowledge of commonly used paint concepts, practices, and procedures/drying times for coatings applied.
Visual acuity (including color perception), hearing, lifting/pulling/pushing, grasping/feeling, and climbing/stooping/kneeling.
- Position may require standing and working at bench level, in a paint booth, and/or climbing, squatting, kneeling around all areas of the training system.
- Position is located in an area where temperature and humidity are not environmentally controlled.
- Position may require travel for on site repairs/installations on training systems.
*Must include resume to be considered*