SUMMARY OF POSITION
The process operator position is responsible for setting up the extrusion of molten glass into our fiberizing equipment. This process starts with setting up the manufacturing process through PLC computer inputs. Once the inputs are completed, the main objective of the process operator is to maintain process stabilization or make corrections to return to stabilization.
Daily Duties for this position include:
• Setup process inputs on touch screen PLC
• Review previous shift specifications
• Co-ordinate machine temperature and combustion levels using in-process testing differentials to control process
• Communicate current run conditions
• Communicate possible upcoming down times and/or problems in the process
• Fill out downtime documentation
• Ensure individual filaments are properly aligned and burning correctly
• Report anomalies to supervisor
• Ensure manufacturing equipment is in sync with user interface system
• Supervise the production of flame attenuated filament machines
• Coordinate the assembly and/or reassembly of machinery to include
- Filament guidance tool
- Pull roll/ motor assemblies
• Maintain a clean, professional, organized work area
• Daily cleaning and mopping of work area
• String filaments and intercept bubbles
• Record process adjustments on control charts to document changes in the process variables.
• Accurately record downtime events as they occur in the process.
• Inspect equipment set up ups
• Meet with supervisor to discuss daily shift assignments and strategies.
• Sweep and dust burner room
• Maintain 5S tool boards