Growing Shower door manufacturer on the Westside is looking for a qualified shipping clerk to start immediately. This is temp to hire and starts at $14 per hour. Shift is 830am-530pm with overtime and some Saturdays.
Job Summary -
Provides administrative support for the Traffic and Shipping Departments in accordance with company procedures and policies.
- Print pick tickets, labels and Bill of Ladings several times throughout the day.
- Maintain all shipping pick tickets, Bill of Ladings and international invoices.
- Post and maintain all shipping charges and truck routing.
- Assist with the FedEx/UPS machine.
- Notify truck line of pick-up needs.
- Troubleshoot backorders.
- Communicate with AIR on cash and COD shipments.
- Log in all warehouse releases.
- Code and process all releases for correct product and pricing.
- Log all return authorizations and co-ordinate processing with Customer Service Manager and prepare slips and trip sheets.
- Route trucks with the help of Customer Service Manager and prepare pack slips and trip sheets.
- Post all shipments daily and reports units and dollars for warehouse shipments.
- Assist in finish goods inventories when needed.
- Notify scheduling of inventory shortage resulting in backorders.
- Create driver trip manifest and handle driver pay sheet.
- Work schedule: M-F 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Based on operational needs, it will be required occasionally to stay late on Wednesdays and Fridays and to work some Saturdays 7:00 a.m. to Noon.
- Makes decision and obtains concurrence of supervisor before taking action.
- Must have multi-task and good organizational skills.
Good knowledge of computer software applications.
- Sit or stand in one place for up to 8 hours per day and move about the facility
Required to be able to read documents and computer screens.