Full Time Direct Hire Opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic in Columbus, Ohio for 2nd shift. New position! Need someone ASAP!
The position is responsible for operation and repair of production equipment. This position requires an understanding of GMP and other government requirements, applicable company and customer Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and all safety regulations.
- Rebuilds and repairs parts needed to maintain production equipment.
- Sets up equipment for production runs.
- Performs repairs on packing lines.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Fills out requisitions for parts issued out of parts room.
- Writes set up sheets for changeovers and pulls and puts up change parts.
- Complies with OSHA Safety, FDA and cGMP requirements.
- Performs daily equipment checks, ability to do facilities Maintenance daily checks and assist Facilities when needed.
- Understands and uses lockout/tag-out procedures.
- Ensures change parts are returned to the proper locations.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and timely documentation including changeover logs, machine maintenance logs and other department reports.
- Responsible for reporting downtime when assigned to a line.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions or other abnormal condition.
- Complete assigned Preventative Maintenance (PM).
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, neat and safe work area.
- May operate forklifts and electrical powered hand trucks.
- Assist other mechanics with changeovers.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Four (4) years mechanical experience in a production environment (preferably FDA regulated) with PLC systems, conveyor and electrical control systems.