Great Opportunity in Columbus Ohio. I have a Material Controls Lead role available for 1st or 2nd shift. Full Time Direct Hire. Must have been a Lead, operated industrial equipment and SAP.
This position is responsible for leading the activity on the shipping/receiving docks, pre-weigh/compounding and the production floor, and directing the activities of shift employees to support the priorities of the Material Control Department.
- Coordinates with other functional groups, including: Customer Service, Supply Chain, Compounding, Production, Scheduling and Quality to ensure goals and priorities are aligned and executed.
- Performs reviews and reconciles SAP transactions and reports to ensure they are completed accurately and timely.
- Investigates and resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Identifies, develops and delivers training on SOPs, On-the-Job procedures and work instructions based on job responsibilities. Ensures warehouse personnel are adequately trained.
- Operates powered industrial equipment (PIT) in accordance with established safety procedures, completes daily checklists and notifies the proper individuals of needed repairs.
- Secures and maintains all necessary safety equipment and follows established safety procedures.
- Supports shipping and receiving by staging material, and loading and unloading trucks.
- Supports production by picking and staging components for production, and processing finished goods into inventory.
- Follows regulatory procedures for handling and labeling both hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Keeps warehouse area clean and orderly at all times.
- Leads and promotes safety awareness and responsibility within the department and facility that ensures safe work conditions for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Supports the safety initiatives and processes that help identify and correct any unsafe work conditions. Provides recommendations for improvement to management and the safety department.
- Complies with FDA and cGMP requirements, and provides recommendations to improve equipment performance that drives superior quality product.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience operating powered industrial equipment in a warehouse/manufacturing environment.
- Five (5) plus years in warehousing environment, preferably in the personal care/pharmaceutical/food industry in lieu of degree.
- Previous leadership experience strongly preferred.
- SAP experience