New Machine Operator Open on All Three Shifts!
Steel Toes Required!
Temp To Hire!
Must Have a Reliable Form of Transportation!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate machines, such as engine and turret lathes, cutters, shears, NC mill machine, grinders, presses, drills, and auxiliary machines to produce parts to specifications.
- Read job folders or blueprints to determine product specifications, materials needed, and tooling instructions.
- Inspect workpieces for defects, and measure workpieces to determine accuracy to maintain quality requirements using rules, templates, micrometers, or measuring instruments.
- Position, adjust, and secure stock material or workpieces against stops, on arbors, or in chucks, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms, manually or using supports.
- Maintains accurate count of parts; attaches labels or tags to processed material identifying customer, part number, and quantity using shop order information.
- Performs all job functions to meet acceptable quality and performance standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of machines and tools including drilling and tapping, their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials including cast iron, stainless steel, aluminum, and roll steel (HRS), as well as production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Able to position and manipulate parts with the hands demonstrating manual dexterity.
- Ability to use edge finders, protractors, calipers.
- Advanced math skills including converting decimals to fractions.
- Able to follow directions and perform repetitive tasks.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience or training in a machine shop.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.