Start Date: ASAP
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Direct and manage operation of all financial and business affairs of the district including accounting, purchasing, technology, facilities, maintenance, food services, custodial operations, and construction projects; provide managerial direction and coordination under board policy guidelines to several key district functions and serve as adviser to the Director.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Chief Operations Officer, under the direction of the Director, shall:
1. Report to the Director on the business affairs of the district, keeping the Director informed on the current and projected financial condition of the district.
2. Be responsible for the disbursement of funds in accordance with board policy, the adopted school budget, and state and federal law.
3. Be responsible for the disbursement of district funds in accordance with board policy, the adopted school budget, and state and federal law.
4. Maintain a financial accounting system, in conformity with state and national school accounting standards and requirements, sufficiently adequate to record in detail all transactions affecting the acquisition, custodianship, and disbursement of funds.
5. Prepare and submit monthly financial statements to the Director which reflect the true financial condition of the district.
***********Additional Screenings May Be Required************
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree in business related field or educational administration from an accredited college or university.
Minimum Experience: Five years of progressively advanced experience in business management