MiRemedy Staffing is seeking a temporary Business Office Coordinator near downtown. This position is Monday-Friday from 8A-4:30P. This is slated to be temporary but there is always a chance that it could go permanent.
Pay is $16/hr
Responsible for accurate, timely and complete documentation regarding insurance verification, billing and collections.
- Verification and interpretation of insurance benefits and establishing financial arrangements with guarantor/patient.
- Estimate patient out-of-pocket and make financial arrangements with guarantor/patient.
- Post payment and follow up with claims.
- Prepare and review all billing forms to ensure accuracy and completeness for claims submission to insurance carriers and back up for Medicare and Medicaid claims.
- Process claims electronically or hard copy with 100% accuracy and mail claims to insurance carriers timely.
- Enter documentation and adjustments through computer system to maintain a correct account balance.
- Update system information according to correspondence received and processed. Document any changes and submit to appropriate staff.
- Review charge summaries on each patient bill that is produced and identify discrepancies with 100% accuracy.
- Consistently apply appropriate procedures to prevent accounts from becoming delinquent or remaining unbilled.
- Initiate appropriate follow-up and collection calls.
- Review remittance advice statements for payments and adjustments on a daily basis and initiate appropriate data entry for patient charge or account discrepancy on review.
- Identify denial and pending reasons and investigate, resolve and initiate information to secure reimbursement.