The Proposal Coordinator is responsible facilitating and coordinating all Sales Channel and Customer Quote Requests to ensure quick turn-around of accurate quotes that meet the Customer’s needs as well as provide the necessary information to execute the Customer’s Purchase Order accurately and effectively.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Manage the inside proposal support requirements of multiple Representative/Distributor Sales Channels and Customers as a Single Point of Contact for order related activities and acts as a Sales Channel advocate within company for project bids.
2. Responsible for maintaining a high level of satisfaction through timely and accurate processing of project quotes.
3. Lead communications with Regional Sales Manager, Sales Representative, and Proposal Engineer for how to price and prepare bid for customer.
4. Review and identify noteworthy items with RFQ packages.
5. Assign tasks to legal counsel, ECA, and Proposal Engineer(s) for bid preparation.
6. Direct Proposal Engineers on how and what to bid, identifying items of special concern or interest.
7. Communicate with Proposal Engineer to obtain time needed to complete bids.
8. Communicate with Customer for bid extensions, as needed, along with an understanding of why an extension is requested.
9. Submit Intent to Bid documents as required.
10. Prepare and submit proposals in accordance with customer RFQ documents and company Policy.
11. Obtain approval of Full Cost Models as necessary.
12. Initiate and prepare Risk Review documents as necessary for Sales Manager.
13. Proactively contacts Sales Channels and Regional Sales Managers to follow-up on bids for customer feedback on award of Purchase Orders.
1. Bids are prepared and submitted on-time to the commitment made
2. Professional business relations with Regional Sales Managers, Sales Channel Partners, Sales Representatives, Distributers, and Proposal Engineers.. Questions, problems, and information needs are resolved courteously, effectively, and promptly. Assistance is provided as required.
3. Required documentation, records, reports, and files are complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
4. Effective working relations and coordination exist with Company personnel. Information is obtained and conveyed as needed.
5. Management is informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Basic Knowledge of Instrumentation Products including basic model code configurations
Knowledge of company bid tools, project execution
Knowledge of Systems; including SAP and all Quote Tools
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least five years of Instrumentation or Inside Sales experience.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent communication skills
Strong focus on accuracy and attention to details
Ability to multi-task
Strong leadership qualities
Experience with PC office tools (Word, Excel)