Our client, a company that produces digital flexible packaging and corrugated platemaking, is looking for an experience Pre-Press Technician at their office on Hayden Island. Candidates should have experience manipulating designs for print with applied experience in flexographic and/or corrugated prepress workflows.
Shift: 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday
Location: Hayden Island, Portland
- Ability to produce press ready files.
- Given customer supplied samples, sketches, notes or electronic files to develop the graphics within specified parameters for flexographic printing.
- Build art to the correct sizes according to the exact specifications provided by customer.
- Make corrections to customer supplied art, setting type, simplifying vector art supplied by customer, color separation of line art elements, simplifying color pallets, adding all company marks and tag lines, adding all printers’ marks, and checking the customer’s supplied artwork.
- Build graphics using press specs for separations, traps, bleeds, etc.
- Output laser/inkjet proofs and press accurate proofs.
- Produce and verify printable bar codes.
- Create job layout and printing marks to customer specifications.
- Apply bump curves, cutbacks and screen angles for flexo final plating finals.
- Exercise good judgment and decision-making based upon the client’s requirements and the plate making and printing processes being used.
- Ability to accurately check files for color separations, min dots, minimum press specs, spelling, document size, etc.
Associate Degree in related field or equivalent years experience within a flexographic prepress/printing environment; corrugated knowledge helpful.
Individual must have proficient Mac computer knowledge with utilizing Adobe software applications, primarily Illustrator and Photoshop.
Knowledge in ESKO software preferred; Nexus background a plus.
Attention to detail and quality is required.