Senior Buyer Supply Chain Logistics for a suburb of Columbus, Ohio Full Time Direct Hire Opportunity
- The site Buyer reports directly into this role.
- Purchasing strategy will be set through this role for raw material, consumables, and MRO spend in alignment with the Vice President of Supply Chain
- Protects the interests regarding purchases by serving as a representative for discussions between vendors and departments on procurement issues, shipping, receiving, invoicing, and all other areas of responsibility and by monitoring vendor activities for compliance with all contract terms and conditions.
- This role will ensure the inventory sourcing process eliminates stock-outs while ensuring raw material inventory holding is at a minimum. Annual objectives will be set on stock rotation.
- Ensures that the goods and services purchased on behalf of company met specified conditions and acceptable standards by preparing detailed bid specifications for technical items, contract requirements (scope of work) for the establishment of commodity and service contracts, requests for quotations, and/or requests for proposals for commodities and services, investigating commodities substitutions made by vendors and suppliers, resolving differences regarding the purchase of goods and services, and determining the acceptability of goods and services in coordination with the quality team.
- This role will report monthly on Purchasing Savings with an objective of at least 3% saving per annum.Internal Inventory Management
- Analyse, optimize, and oversee inventory procedures
- Ensure inventory is well managed and purchased considering requirements to produce (internal and external Lead Times).
- Process data, identifying problematic areas and suggesting improvements
- Ensuring inventory turn is consistent with business objectives and eliminate inventory write-off.
- Take responsibility for the Cycle Counting Process ensuring inventory accuracy of >98%
Shipping & Logistics
- The Shipping/ Receiving Supervisor will report directly to this role.
- This role will assume the responsibility of the inbound and outbound logistical coordination.
- This role will be responsible for enforcing all shipping/ receiving policies and procedures ensuring inventory is properly received and shipped. Supplier Development
- This role will develop supplier scorecards, quality audit procedures; while coordinating and working closely with the Quality Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Please click apply or send your resume along with your salary requirements to email@example.com
Must be a U.S. Citizen and be available for several face to face interview. Local candidates will be considered first!