Primary responsibility is to perform basic functions for custom fire and rescue vehicles utilizing power and hand tools.
Plumbing: Perform duties to prep and install plumbing components on fire apparatus
Electrical: Perform duties to install and assemble a range of basic electrical components Rigging: Perform duties to assemble and install basic accessories and hardware
Mechanical: Perform duties to assemble and install basic mechanical and hydraulic components on vehicles or aerial devices
1. Must be able to ensure manufacturing, quality, and safety requirements are met.
2. Work from schedules, manuals, wiring diagrams, shop orders, prints, pick lists, BOM’s, photos, and instructions; will become familiar with schematics.
3. Identify and understand basic plumbing, electrical and mechanical components that are commonly used in assembly.
4. Review shop orders and similar materials to determine requirements. Retrieve parts, materials, and supplies from staging location.
5. Must be able to operate hand and power tools.
6. Must be able to participate in LEAN and continuous improvement activities.
• High school graduate or General Education Diploma
• Math and blueprint reading skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong work ethic
• Must know basic computer skills
• Commitment to the quality standards
• Good problem solving skills
• Be a team player
Tools and Equipment Used:
Hand tools to include but not limited to: power tools, saws, impact wrenches, stud welder, grinders, belt sander, drill press, tape measure templates, and heat gun. Overhead crane and fabrication equipment such as punch presses, shears and press brakes.
1. Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
2. Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.