Remedy Intelligent Staffing is seeking a Warehouse Packing Lead
**Must be able to execute the MIL-SPEC MIL-STANDARD packaging requirements of the United States military and government agencies according to the government's and other contract specifications**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Leads at least one other worker to accomplish packing and related and labor work. Passes instructions on to other workers. Ensures that needed tools and materials are available. Sees that all workers have enough work.
- Performs a variety of tasks involved in packing and repacking non-hazardous and/or hazardous materials and items. Selects proper container and methods of packing, cushioning and following specialized packing procedures.
- Examines any prepackaged items to determine whether any repacking or over-packing is required, consolidates shipments; and applies certification, identification and shipping data.
- Applies a wide variety of packing methods and techniques including blocking and bracing based on the search and application of regulations covering the packing and transporting of hazardous materials.
- Packs, preserves, or re-packs material or items where techniques and procedures are detailed, routine, repetitive, and/or require little or no deviation from established methods.
- Performs receiving, storing, shipment, and distribution of a variety of bin supplies, materials, equipment, and commodities using material handling equipment to include fork lift, stock selectors, etc.
- Checks work in progress and completed work for compliance. Answers support workers questions regarding procedures, policies, written instructions and directions. Provides information to Warehouse Supervisor and other members of the management and executive team on status and progress of work.
- 4+ years of applicable experience in a warehouse environment ideally with experience in a gov’t contractor environment.
- Familiar with MIL-SPEC MIL-STANDARD packaging requirements;
- Must be willing and able to routinely lift, move and place heavy items by hand or with the assistance of material handling equipment (hand-truck or dolly);
- Must be willing to adhere to company policies and safety procedures;
- Must be willing to cross-train in different functions within the Warehouse to ensure timely completion of product delivery;
- Must have exceptional communication skills to function in team environment;
Education: High school or equivalent (required); Associates degree or higher (preferred); Completion of mil-spec packing training (preferred).