Immediate Need Alert: Benefits Manager Full Time Direct Hire, Excellent Pay and Benefits in Columbus, Ohio
The Benefits Manager will be responsible for daily management of the Health and Welfare, and Qualified Retirement Plans for multiple locations within Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin. This position will have a direct influence on all benefits decisions affecting the entire population for multiple locations. This position will be highly visible to executives and high level managers, complete with benefits presentations, partnering with the broker to run Open Enrollment, and being the first point of contact for all employees when it comes to benefit inquiries.
- Administer company sponsored benefit plans and programs including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, FMLA, LOA, COBRA, 401(k), FSA, HSA Life Insurance and the Employee Assistance Plan.
- Serve as functional expert to management in regard to benefits costs and plan design.
- Serves as a liaison between employees and benefit vendors.
- Answers benefit inquiries and resolves employee benefit issues in a timely, accurate manner.
- Conducts new hire enrollments in regard to benefits and 401K
- Participate in the evaluation of the competitiveness and effectiveness of our benefits strategy and make recommendations for changes and improvements. Monitor the administrative costs and pricing of benefit programs and recommend cost containment strategies including alternative methods of administration and funding.
- Develop and manage a relationship with brokerage service/consultants, benefit providers and third-party administrators.
- Lead the development of wellness initiatives and programs to help reduce benefits costs and improve the overall health of employees.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and plan regulations including ERISA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, ACA and COBRA. File required reports with state and federal agencies.
- Handle annual completion and filing of 5500 reports (benefits and 401K) and assist internal and external auditors, actuaries, and advisers with necessary / recurring reports and research
- Maintain Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Manage the company's leave of absence program and ensure compliance with FMLA, ADA, HIPAA and any other related regulations. Works with employees in relation to these various leave programs
- Oversees COBRA administration
- Processes billing for various benefit programs.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree and five (5) to seven (7) years experience in the HR field;
- 3-5 years of Management experience.
· Minimum of 5 years in a corporate benefits role
· PHR certification preferred, but not required;
Please click Apply to be considered or email email@example.com to be considered. Attach a resume and your salary requirements when emailing me.
This position will require multiple face to face interview so local candidates will be considered first.