A growing Tire Manufacture located in Tonawanda is in search of Laboratory Technicians! Multiple positions available!
Position Summary: Inspects, cures and tests compounded rubber samples to determine batch's disposition. Responsible for cleaning lab equipment and changing orings and seals on Rheometers and MDR’s. Checks calibrations on all lab equipment as needed. Conducts building and curing test blocks for SWAT Adhesion test. Cures bead wire and steelcord blocks for release to user customers. Notifies Mixing Technician and/or supervisor of process abnormalities.
- Performs tests to examine the properties and determine the disposition of manufactured rubber.
- Locates paints and retests questionable compounds.
- Notifies Mixing Technician or supervisor if problems are detected in a batch and writes reject or blend ticket.
- Calibrates test equipment as required.
- Completes Daily Quality Report sheet (sent to supervisor) and Tally sheet (sent to Millroom department manager) on a daily basis and maintains files of report copies.
- Certifies carbon black is loaded into proper main tank and obtains samples to send to the main lab.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates Degree in Lab Technology or related field; relevant lab or mechanical work experience in lieu of degree.
- 1-2 years experience as a Lab Technician or applicable mechanical work experience.
- Knowledge of production testing of components.
- Strong analytical skills.
Shift: Multiple Shifts available!
- 2ND Shift: Monday-Friday 3:00PM-11:00PM
- 3RD Shift: Monday-Tuesday 11:00PM-7:00AM & Saturday-Sunday 7:00AM-7:00PM
Pay: $13.00-$15.00 Per Hour Depending on Experience
APPLY NOW or call Remedy Intelligent Staffing to scheduled your appointment TODAY! 716-831-4800