Warehouse Team Lead – Cummins Supplier
Location: Ladson, SC
Shift: All Shifts - Salary: up to $15.75/hr.
About the Position
The Warehouse Team Lead is responsible for supporting the site’s Production, Quality and Safety Standards. The Warehouse Team Lead will oversee inventory and coordinate packing and shipping procedures along with ensuring that all company products are moved from the storage area to the retail point in a safe and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
• Promote safety in warehouse, follow all safety rules and regulations and reports unsafe conditions to Management.
• Assume warehouse operations responsibility along with the Supervisor.
• Manage documentation associated with shipping processes.
• Manage product inventory and adjust any entries that may need to be regulated.
• Document all actions by handling logs and records and managing information on forms.
• Conduct physical inventories to determine losses and identify stocks for shipment.
• Compile work orders and ensure appropriate compliance.
• Prepare special orders for products not in stock.
• Evaluate materials performances to ensure durability and economy.
• Assist in the direction of the work of warehouse personnel and oversee all associated activities.
• Assist in the evaluation of staff performance employee appraisals.
• Assist in developing policies and procedures to direct the operations of the warehouse.
• Investigate and report warehouse operational discrepancies.
• Retrieve outgoing freight on shipping docks and ensure warehouse maintenance.
• Oversee safe operation and maintenance of forklifts and other equipment.
• Prepare products for shipping purposes.
• Misc. tasks as assigned by Supervisor, Operations Manager, or General Manager.
Other positive qualities that are considered crucial:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong Teamwork skills and experience
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Must have High school or equivalent education. Some secondary education preferred.
· SAP/Data warehouse systems experience preferred