The Position of Maintenance / Purchasing Clerk is to maintain inventory in an organized, clean, and accurate manner. To keep accurate records of Purchase Orders, Work Orders, and parts allocation, and assist the maintenance department with the sourcing of parts for all work orders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate inventory counts and levels of the maintenance spares inventory in the maintenance shop areas, sheds, containers, and inventory rooms.
- Research, source, and order parts as needed for maintenance work
- Maintain system for managing inventory parts
- Maintain organized and efficient inventory areas
- Check all packing slips for incoming goods for accuracy against actual items received; note discrepancies, supply documentation to purchasing coordinator for processing.
- Create work orders, prepare, and track repairable spares for shipment / repair and provide tracking paperwork
- Assist in researching and locating parts and services from vendors and contractors as needed
- Create purchase orders as required
- Organize, track, and complete purchase orders through completion with account payable.
- Following guidelines, create new inventory part numbers for new parts.
- Identify, record and manage obsolete inventory parts
- Create work orders for internal jobs, enter data for work orders, follow through on work completion