Our client, a cross-dock facility that processes and ships furniture, is looking for a Receiving Warehouse Worker to unload product from trucks and stage in the assembly area. This is a temp-to-hire position ideal for someone professional, accountable, and has an impeccable work ethic.
Schedule Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Manually load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner.
- Pick products in a warehouse environment in order to assemble customer orders
- Stage and segregate product in designated areas
- Communicate with fellow employees for safe transport of goods throughout the warehouse
- Maintain an expected work pace and meet minimum productivity guidelines
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel
- Ability to operate handtruck
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Read and understand assembly instructions to assist in assemble of various furniture
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned