A family owned manufacturer of Safety Gloves located in Cheektowaga, is in search of a Entry Level Machine Mechanic! This is a Direct Hire Opportunity and willing to train!
As part of a team of machine mechanics, this position is responsible for the maintenance of the glove knitting machines which includes general repairs, preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and innovation. Requirements will include completion of designated training while working to gain knowledge at each job level.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble knitting machine accurately within a specific time frame.
- Repair / replace parts of a machine accurately within a specific time frame
- Work inside main machine body preforming various task within specific time frame.
- Troubleshooting – Diagnosing various problems in a glove. Determining and achieving correct repair within a specific time frame.
- Understand how knitting machine computer works
- Change stitch patterns on the needle drum
- Learn yarn history, both synthetic and natural. Learn about engineering yarns, how it is made and the effects each component has in our products.
- MUST have access into Canada for Training Purposes!
- Mechanical aptitude is demanded from this role with previous mechanical experience a strong asset
- Strong communication skills are essential to be able to work with all departments and outside contacts
- Math skills required– testing is part of the recruitment process
- Attributes critical to success in the role: dexterity and fine motor skills along with the ability to see detailed close-up work.
- Capable of managing competing demands of multiple breakdowns and preventative maintenance. Ability to prioritize breakdowns.
- Skilled in problem solving and trouble shooting
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Shift: Monday-Friday 7:00AM-4:30PM
Pay Rate: $16.00-$18.00 Per Hour Depending on Experience
APPLY NOW for this great opportunity!