· In support of and under the direction of quality engineers or supervisors, analyzes and solves quality problems.
· Performs mechanical/electrical and item specific inspection using standardized methods.
· Uses precision instruments including basic Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) measurements as appropriate
· Prepares procedures, work instructions, and trains inspectors.
· Collects data and enters results into computer system
· Helps in the collection and presentation of required data to support audits and regulatory assessments
· Provide support during customer complaint investigations as needed
· Uses Information Center to retrieve product/process information
· Strict compliance to Quality Systems standards
· Complies with Good Documentation Practices
· Adheres to all safety policies and contributes to the achievement of safety goals & objectives
· Provides ideas and actively participates in the implementation of written suggestions for continuous improvement
· Effectively utilizes time, energy and resources to meet delivery goals
· Maintains housekeeping standards in accordance with 5 S principles
· Complete all required training applicable to assigned position
· Exhibit positivity, flexibility, creativity, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required
Associate degree or equivalent
· Six months experience as QA Inspector or equivalent
· Certified Mechanical Inspector (CMI) or equivalent
· Knowledge of Measurement Analysis Systems (Gage R&R and attribute gauge study)
· Ability to read and calculate fractions, decimals and geometrical calculations
· Knowledge of Metrology and Calibration systems.
· Ability to use precision tools and gauges in extensive layout situations on complicated parts and/or products
· Ability to make electrical measurements; knowledge of electrical parts and processes
· Experience with capability studies
· Effective communication skills
· Ability to work under minimal supervision
· Must have thorough understanding of quality systems and their relationship to job performance including ISO Overview, corrective/preventative actions and work instructions
· Must have physical ability and manual dexterity necessary to perform the duties pertaining to job