- Maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and improve hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Complete shop records and use reporting systems following established procedures
- Provide quick response to maintenance requests and calls from maintenance leadership and manufacturing operations teams
- Follow safe work methods and procedures at all times to avoid injury to self and co-workers or damage to company property. Must use of all required personal protective equipment, following safety precautions (e.g. LOTO), ensuring machine guards, etc.
- Perform welding and plumbing as needed
- Follow proper housekeeping standards to ensure clean and organized maintenance work areas
- Operate motorized equipment, including but not limited to scissor lifts, fork trucks, etc.
- Use a wide range of powered tools, hand tools, and vibratory tools/equipment
- Mechanical aptitude – ability to understand basic mechanical concepts and relationships
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of safe shop operation practices
- Good work ethic and a positive attitude; willingness to learn new ways and meet expectations of the various maintenance assignments
- Dependability; demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- Education and/or work experience requirements:
- Certified Journeyman with 2 or more years of experience in one of the following trades: Electrical or Mechanical,
- OR Associates Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical field with at least 2 years of current hands-on working experience,
- OR Minimum of 8 years of experience working in Industrial Maintenance trades
- Ability to read / understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
- Experience working with 480V, 220V, 120V, and low volt DC electrical controls and systems
- Able to read blueprints, electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to operate motorized equipment, including but not limited to scissor lifts, fork trucks, etc.
- Physical demands of the position include: bending, stooping, twisting, crouching, squatting, kneeling/crawling, climbing/ balance (e.g. stairs, ladders, catwalks, mobile equipment), reaching at, below and above shoulder level, flex/extend neck, grasping, squeezing, manual dexterity (gross and fine motor), sitting, walking and standing for long periods of time. Handling and lifting of parts or materials - minimum of 50 lbs. lifting/carrying and 75 ft-lbs. pushing/pulling is required.
- Ability to change shifts, work overtime and weekends as required
- Ability to use a wide range of powered tools and hand tools and vibratory tools/equipment.
- Must be able to supply your own tools