REMEDY INTELLIGENT STAFFING IS SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED SHIPPING WAREHOUSE CLERK IN VIRGINIA BEACH, VA!!!
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Responsibilities Include:
- Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
- Affixes identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage. • Routes items as appropriate
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand-truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
Minimum Requirements for Shipping/Receiving Warehouse Clerk
- EXPERIENCE WITH INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AS A SHIPPING WAREHOUSE CLERK
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required.
- Previous warehouse/shipping experience required
- Previous shipping experience required
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The Shipping Clerk performs his / her essential functions in a warehouse environment. Regularly scheduled to work Monday through Friday. Routinely works between 40-45 hours in a week and is expected to be on-call on weekends as required. Must be flexible and be able to work overtime if required.