Remedy Intelligent Staffing is hiring a Sr Software Engineer for our client, a design and manufacturing company with a specialization in electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies.
Basic Purpose of Position: Demonstrates an extensive knowledge and understanding of software engineering principles, concepts, practices and theories. Responsibilities may include research, design, development and test of complex embedded software. Work closely with other engineering and functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of equipment and resources.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Use policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
- Design of software for low-cost, Industrial, Marine and Military systems.
- Design, develop, document, code and test software.
- Coordinate and interface with other design personnel to design, execute and test software builds.
- Interface with quality and manufacturing engineers in ensure proper product quality and manufacturing transfer.
- Conduct complex in-house software testing under the direction and guidance of other Engineers.
- Participate in product software failure analysis activities and compile test and failure analysis reports.
- Generates software design documentation and report data from tests.
- Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- May act as project lead including organizing, execution, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
- Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
- Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
- Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- Travel and participation in product field tests.
- All other duties as assigned.