Remedy Professional Services is currently aiding in the search for a direct-hire Application/Product Engineer in the Rochester area.
Our client company is a worldwide manufacturer that’s been in business for several decades and employs thousands around the globe.
The Application/Product Engineer is responsible for all applications engineering aspects of one electro-hydraulic product line. This position is responsible for application engineering, drafting, modeling, and bill of materials, manufacturing instructions, and more. Coordinates non-standard product designs to ensure customer requirements.
- Review customer specifications to determine if the standard product will meet requirements.
- Modify product, as necessary, to meet specific customer requirements including BOM’s and manufacturing instructions.
- Review software functionality of the controller to design specifications. Work with design group on bug resolution or feature enhancements.
- Generate wiring diagrams and hydraulic schematics
- Generate project specific installation, maintenance and operation manuals
- Provide technical product support to inside sales, Contracts and After Sales Technical Support team support during quoting, order entry and installation/commissioning phases of project.
- Design or select electro-hydraulic component selection including manifolds, directional control valves, hydraulic power units, accumulators, switches, junction boxes, and related equipment..
- Design mechanical components and assemblies. Perform mechanical engineering analyses.
- Validate designs through failure modes and effects analysis, and validation testing. Document test results through publication of test reports.
This position will pay $68-75K.
Benefits include company-contributed health insurance, HRA, FSA, dental, vision, basic life insurance and AD&D, EAP, 401K with company match (immediately vested), 10 paid holidays, PTO, and more.