Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set Up, program, and operate CNC and manual Lathes and Milling machines according to procedures and engineering blueprints.
- Responsible for dimensional and quality requirements of components.
- Responsible for keeping the Work area and equipment Safe, Clean, and Organized.
- Responsible for assisting with general housekeeping of the shop as needed.
- Must wear PPE at all times and assure all employees and visitors adhere to ODI Safety guidelines and procedures.
- Must communicate with engineers and planners daily to assure routers and schedules are accurate.
- Proactively identify and implement ways to reduce set up times and then communicate such that routers and schedules reflect the improvements.
- Responsible for training by mentoring employees as well as anticipating in the development of skills test
- Play an active role in regards to “Lean” processes by working and communicating with Planning, Quality, Peers, and Engineering to identify and implement ways to improve flow to increase throughput.
- Identify potential cost reductions in regards to product design and communicate to Leads and Engineering for evaluation.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years experience in Manual Lathe and Mill operation
- 3-5 years experience in CNC Lathe and Mill operation
- Experience in an Engineer-to-order Make-to-Order shop environment
- Experience or Training in and can demonstrate an understanding of “Lean Manufacturing Principles”
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to read and understand blueprints
- Working knowledge of MSOffice programs, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to setup a machine and run the job with minimal supervision
- Commitment to high quality standards and continuous improvements
- Knowledgeable of all associated precision measuring tools of the shop
- Understands the needs of calibration cycles of test tools
- Supports and assists with machine PM program
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of Lathe and Mill programming languages
- Can use without assistance all precision measuring tools
- Understands all machine hazard areas