Remedy Staffing is partnered with a manufacturing company in the Clarence area that is seeking a Shipping Clerk. This role would be for a 1st shift.
Job Summary: Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pack, seal, and label prepared materials for shipping, using PB crimp tools and stretch wrap banders.
• Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
• Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages.
• Maintains adequate supply of shipping materials.
• Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods.
• Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Able to read/ write and speak English
• Must have basic math skills
• Able to follow oral and written instructions
• Able to work under time pressures
Experience and Education:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1 – 2 years manufacturing experience
• Equivalent combination of education and experience