Remedy Staffing is currently hiring for a Buyer at a manufacturing company in Clarence. This position would be Monday-Friday, 8AM-4:30PM. Job Summary
Responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company’s needs for indirect materials and services, and select production materials and services. Products and services are secured at cost effective quality, and delivery levels consistent with Company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned consistent with production requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Purchase the highest quality goods and services at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts as needed for production.
• Manage inventory levels, delivery, schedules of required items to be purchased, to meet production schedules.
• Insures that the company is paying “Fair Market” prices though the competitive bidding process.
• Resolve disputes with suppliers related to quality, service and costs.
• Proactively monitors purchasing system for on-time receiving.
• Maintain an adequate number of competitive suppliers necessary to support the company requirements.
• Monitors quality and delivery performance of suppliers constantly seeking improvement and replaces suppliers who do not meet expectations.
• Interviews suppliers soliciting information on new technologies, materials, services that may improve our competitiveness in the market place.
• Develop, measure, report and administers programs to reduce lead times, improve quality and reduce costs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of purchasing/procurement principles
• Strong negotiating skills:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Word and Excel.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; able to communicate with people at all levels of an organization
• High level of analytical ability to resolve issues
• Solid understanding of manufacturing preferably metal fabrication
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in business administration, economics and/or engineering
• Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials contract experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Metals background desired.
• JobBoss experience preferred.
• Microsoft Access desirable.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered