Remedy Staffing is assisting a large metal fabricating company with candidates looking for a Driving position. This position would be a Direct Hire opportunity and would be Monday-Friday, 6AM to 2:30PM.
Transports and delivers finished products to customers by applying knowledge of driving regulations and roads in the area driving to and from designated locations; performs daily inspection of truck.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate company-owned trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of products and materials.
• Perform required before-, during- and after-operation “user maintenance” and provide required reports.
• Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
• Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
• Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
• Follows all safety procedures
• Loads product into truck
• Unloads truck at customer site if required
• Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations
• Communicates with supervisor and other shipping department personnel
• Packages/wraps and bands skids to load on truck
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Reads and writes English
• Possesses mental ability to read maps, road signs
• Demonstrates sound knowledge of safe vehicle operation
• Exhibits sound judgment in determining safest route for delivery
• Able to follow directions precisely
Experience and Education:
• Must possess clean, valid driver’s license
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1 – 2 years delivery driving experience
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.