Remedy Staffing is currently hiring for a Sterile Processing Tech for a medical company in Buffalo. Position would be for a 1st shift and the starting pay rate is $13 per hour.
• Decontaminates and reprocesses used instruments, trays, scopes, and surgical case carts delivered to Sterile Processing from various areas such as surgery, outpatient clinics, radiation, radiology, Amherst Center, phoresis, etc.
• Picks up used patient care equipment from the outpatient clinics and the inpatient areas daily.
• Cleans, checks and makes ready for use any equipment that is delivered from various areas after patient use or delivered to Bio Med for repair or inspection; picks up equipment from Bio Med when equipment is ready for use; records information.
• Cleans and sterilizes all surgical highly technical specialty patient care instruments and items, such as Robotics, Black Max, Micromax, etc. via specific manufacturer instructions.
• Sets up surgical and clinical trays using specific formats.
• Sets up daily surgical procedure case carts following surgical preference cards.
• Sterilizes patient care items per manufacturer instructions via Steris, Sterrad, Steam or cold Steam as per procedure and infection control guidelines.
• Sets up crisis, isolation, CVline, anesthesia, radiation, pediatric, bronch and disaster carts.
• Restocks Anesthesia pyxis inside the operating room suites after surgery is finished for the day.
• Obtains surgical schedule from the computer and determines appropriate surgical trays needed for each case.
• Sets up and removes trapeze set ups in patient care areas.