Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- On the job training in all areas of the machine shop value stream.
- Set up and operate manual lathes, mills, grinder and other manual equipment.
- Deburr and wash components via use of manual cutting/grinding tools, pneumatic buffers, drill presses, tumblers, sandblasters, ovens, ultrasonic cleaners, etc.
- Operate horizontal and vertical band saws per shop order requirements.
- Accurately maintain raw bar stock inventory from P.O. receipt to shop order issuance.
- Operate CNC equipment (Lathes, mills, multi-spindle, multi-axis) under the direct supervision of senior machinists.
- Inspect and record critical dimensions of components per requirements.
- Follow all policies and procedures as applicable for each component produced.
- Place orders for tooling, replenish tooling, and cycle count tooling using the CAP system on an as needed basis.
- Communicate daily with planner and supervisor to assure scheduled deliveries.
- Play an active role in regards to “Lean” processes by working and communicating with Planning, Quality, Engineering and Peers to identify and implement ways to improve process flow.
- Responsible for keeping the work area and equipment safe, clean, and organized.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be actively enrolled in or have completed a vocational program related to manufacturing / machining.
- At least 1 years’ experience in an Engineer-to-Order JIT atmosphere preferred.
- At least 1 years’ machining experience preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail with a strong work ethic a must.
- Commitment to world class quality standards and continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Proven ability to read and understand part acceptance criteria and procedures.
- Well organized and multi tasked self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs such as MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to use vision scopes for long periods of time.
- Ability to use hand tools for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds routinely.
- Planned and unplanned overtime.