POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for complete construction of all prototype samples, measuring factory sample evaluation garments, quality inspections and logging. 3D pattern software (Optitex, CLO or Browzwear) experience.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Assist in Pattern making.
- 3D pattern software (Optitex, CLO or Browzwear) experience.
- Cut and sew samples accurately and completely.
- Fit garments on mannequins, provide and assist with corrections/approvals.
- Review completed construction samples from factories for accuracy.
- Review / Evaluate Pre-Production and Top Production for quality and safety.
- Send electronic evaluations to factories, via email.
- Maintain fabric and supply inventory in the Sew Lab, labeling with content, weight, etc.
- Assist in creating specification sheets with graded measurements and detailed sewing instructions.
- Maintain log of samples flowing through department.
Any additional tasks, assigned by Supervisor.
- High School education or equivalent
- 5 years sewing experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of AccuMark system / pattern design.
- Efficient in Excel
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Thorough knowledge of production sewing and garment construction.
- Good reading comprehension
- Good analytical skill – to figure out garment construction based on sketch & pattern
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to operate & maintain machines; change needles, bulbs, oil, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills – to interface with other areas
- Ability to use pencil, pens, scissors (manual * electric), and rules
- Ability to use both hands & feet simultaneously – to operate industrial machines.
- Operate various industrial sewing machines: single needle, overlock, elastic, flat seams, picot, button O& buttonhole, blind stitch, & binding folders.
- Knowledge of pattern making skills (3D pattern software experience).