Responsible for the electrical installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of facility machinery
1. Perform programming and maintain PLC, VFD, MMI documentation, including but not limited to Wonder Ware, and Allen-Bradley Software.
2. Specify and order parts as necessary to perform repairs or installations.
3. Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
4. Perform electrical construction work as required, including but not limited to, running conduit and pulling wires.
5. Clean and maintain work area.
6. Comply with all safety rules and plant safety policy.
7. Communicate with plant production, maintenance, and engineering personnel.
8. Install, maintain, repair, overhaul, calibrate and test a wide variety of industrial instrumentation that record, indicate, control and regulate level, flow, pressure, temperature, position and water analysis.
9. Makes periodic preventative maintenance inspections of all metering control instruments, diagnosing existing or potential trouble; cleans, lubricates, calibrates and adjusts as conditions indicate.
10. Lays out, install and place into service new metering, controlling and recording devices, calibrating as required; may extend or connect related electrical circuits.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
3. Journeyman level electrician with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
4. Strong background in electronics/electrical, pneumatic/hydraulic equipment, PLC’s MMP’s, PC’s programming, NEC, NFPA-70E and ISA standards.
5. Strong background in an industrial environment, preferably a food manufacturing facility.
6. Experience working with up to 480V, PLC’s, PC’s, MMI, control systems, instrumentation and VFD’s.