Fabricator Position in Winterset
Hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Lay out and fabricate metal components and assemblies using hand tools, and machine tools.
- Use drawings, specifications, and or verbal instructions as well as good judgment and personal experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must be able to check your own work, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Must be able to move from project to project with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with other departments and shop management.
- Maintain a clean work area as required and follow all applicable safety requirements.
- Gathering of materials and tools required by the blue print to fabricate the product.
- Adjust pace and tasks as needed depending on customer demand.
- Possess the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Follow and give directions to others as needed.
- Ability to safely make judgments and decisions based on work environment.
- Suggest continuous improvement opportunities to management.
- Ability to use all measuring tools to comprehend any adjustments needed to be made to the blue prints.
- Fabricate and construct orders by following blueprints, drawings, and oral instructions; using the equipment provided. Determine material requirements and dimensions to be fabricated by studying blueprints, sketches, or building plans.
- Prepare layout by following procedures for fabrication of the required exhaust system.
Authorities related to job functions and responsibilities:
- Able to reject material if it found not properly fabricated through the production process.
- Work with the tacking station or welders on production schedule and priorities.
- Ability to stop work if it deemed an unsafe and hazardous work atmosphere.
- Speak with leader, management or sales regarding issues with orders or prints.
- Suggest improvements to product flow in and out of the department to management.
- Suggest equipment needed to preform job more efficiently to management.
Click "Apply Now" to be considered!