Job Summary: Under general supervision by the Team Leader, manufactures and/or prepares materials for structural ceramic products.
1. Loads and unloads material into weighing, mixing, firing, milling and screening equipment.
2. Disassembles, cleans and reassembles slurry pumps.
3. Able to use weigh-off scales.
4. Set-up, load, operate and unload mills.
5. Start, monitor, and shut down kiln.
6. Set-up, operate, and shut down sprayer dryer.
7. Able to disassemble, clean and reassemble powder screener
8. Performs in-process slurry and powder inspection which include: • Moisture analysis • Slurry viscosity • Particle size determination • Bulk and tap density
9. Maintain accurate daily operator quality records and labor tickets.
10. Perform housekeeping duties in accordance with established housekeeping and safety procedures.
11. Able to work overtime.
12 Actively participate in monthly DOT Team meetings.
13 Follow RTC policies and procedures.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.