Job Summary: This position requires a thorough working knowledge of ceramic machining utilizing CNC and manual lathes, mills, grinders and any other applicable machining equipment. May interface extensively, with manufacturing, engineering, and sales teams.
1. Understands and operates ceramic machining equipment, including programming, set-up, and fixturing.
2. Understand CAD drawings and work from drawings to make final part.
3. Apply various machining and processing principles utilizing manual machines, CNC machines, and general ceramic machining equipment.
4. Ability to plan, implement and trouble-shoot a machining process from start to finish.
5. Participates in new technology to improve ceramic manufacturing efficiencies, reduce costs and minimize safety/occupational hazards.
6. Acts as technical resource for all ceramic machining equipment.
7. Provides technical information on machinery, equipment and processes to maintenance personnel for troubleshooting, training and empowerment purposes.
8. Understand and use measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, depth and bore gages, optical comparators, microscopes, CMM’s and the like.
9. Stay current with machining practices and technical advances in the machining industry.
10. Work with both green and fired ceramic materials.
11. Effectively communicate ideas with other personnel.
12. Understand and comply with company policies and procedures as stated in the company quality manual and Employee Handbook.
13. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as required.
14. Problem solving process.