Remedy Staffing is searching for a skilled Heavy Equipment Operator to work a temp-to-hire position with a local lumber treating company. This is a long-term position with a great opportunity to turn into a permanent career.
Some of the primary responsibilities are:
- Loads and unloads rail cars and trucks, sorts, and transports materials and lumber.
- Moves materials to and from railroad cars and trucks, storage bins, and other areas as required.
- Responsible for quantities and correct sizes and types to match shipping and receiving tickets to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Ensures load tickets are signed, dated and submitted on time.
- Participates in inventory cycle and annual counts.
- Responsible for basic QC oversight of all inbound and outbound material.
- Responsible for performing all functions in a safe manner.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Documents and reports mechanical operation and maintenance requirements of equipment.